Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow and Tulips

Snow is still the story here for the winter of 2010. On Feb 5 and 6 we received another 25 inches of snow and then on Feb 9 another 6-10 inches of snow. On Feb 15th, it snowed for 2 hours adn I cancelled Masterworks Chorus rehearsal. I finally left on Feb 9 on one of the last planes out of Virginia and headed for sunny Texas and Texas Music Educators Conference in San Antonio, only to find sleet and later 10 inches of snow on the tarmac at DFW. My time in Texas, as always, was great with friends, food and music. The owner of the Apple Blossom Inn in Va. is an official "Yellow Rose of Texas". You'll have to visit to see Gov. Perry's commendation! I really enjoyed the COLOR, reds, blues, oranges, pinks, that I saw in San Antonio and it lifted my spirits

Today the Apple Blossom Inn hosts a birthday getaway and the flowers and chocolate cake are waiting for our guests to arrive.

I can't wait until spring arrives and I see my tulips bloom again. We have over 2,000 bulbs at the Apple Blossom Inn in the spring time. So, book your March, April, May vacation soon. April is nearly full. You can find your date for your special celebration by going to www.appleblossominn.net and checking on our availability. Ask for the Bloggers Special when you book

No comments:

Post a Comment